"Everything is very blurry." By Carly Cardellino , COSMOPOLITAN As a general disclaimer, it's always a good idea to do...
"Everything is very blurry."
As a general disclaimer, it's always a good idea to do your research before booking any beauty appointment. Especially when you're going in for lash extensions, since you'll most likely have your eyes closed during the entire process and won't be able to see each product the tech is using. Enter this Twitter user's experience.
On October 19, Megan Rixson, a 20-year-old student studying in Luton, Bedfordshire, booked an appointment to get lash extensions at an unnamed salon she'd never been to before, according to The Daily Mail. During the application, she experienced burning, and then was left unable to see for two hours once her lashes were applied.
"When she was doing the first one my eyes were stinging lots," Rixson told Buzzfeed News, "But she said, don't worry, it's normal, and told me to hold my eye open. It was burning so much my eyes were naturally closing, but she kept telling me to hold them open. After she was done, I sat up on the bed and couldn't open them. I said, this isn't normal, but she kept saying it was."
Girls be very very careful where you get your eyelashes done!!I got my individuals done today somewhere new and it turns out they used nail glue on my lashes. I genuinely lost my sight for 2 hours. Thankfully the swelling has gone down, but there still very sore. Be careful😭 pic.twitter.com/NmsFr9QSbk— Megan Rixson (@MeganRixson) October 19, 2018
After Rixson left the salon, she tweeted a video of her very watery eyes, explaining how she felt: "This one is, like, on fire, but this one won't open as much, like this is as far as I can open them and this is, like, more closed. I'm not crying because I'm sad, I'm crying because, like, my eyes are continuously watering. Um, but, everything is very blurry, like very blurry."
In her caption, Rixson recapped what happened, writing:
"Girls be very very careful where you get your eyelashes done!!I got my individuals done today somewhere new and it turns out they used nail glue on my lashes. I genuinely lost my sight for 2 hours. Thankfully the swelling has gone down, but there still very sore. Be careful😭."
According to The Daily Mail, Rixson returned to the salon later that day to inquire about the mishap. "When my boyfriend asked what glue they used, a lady in the salon said 'that is for nails!,'" she told the site. She later added that her eyes were "recovering well" but are "sensitive and sore."
Thankfully, Rixson wasn't left with long-term damage, but let her experience be a reminder that your eyesight is no joke and should be protected (Do I sound like a mom? I'm about to be, so I guess it's fitting!). And if you're getting lash extensions, take some time to do your research on the place you're making the appointment (aka make sure it's reputable), ask to see the products the technician is going to use beforehand, and make sure to always ask for a patch test that way you can be sure you won't have a reaction to the glue.